A judge’s decision in February to vacate the federal government’s letter telling AstraZeneca its 340B contract pharmacy policy is illegal was our top breaking news story of 2022.
Number two on the list (based on how often a story page was loaded) was our scoop in September that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General had no plans at that time to impose civil monetary penalties on drug manufacturers restricting 340B pricing in the contract pharmacy setting.
Here’s the full top 10 list:
- Federal Judge Vacates HRSA’s Finding that AstraZeneca’s 340B Contract Pharmacy Policy Is Illegal (Feb. 16, 2022)
- Exclusive: HHS OIG Declines to Penalize Drug Manufacturers at This Time Over 340B Contract Pharmacy Restrictions (Sept. 30, 2022)
- Hospital Group Leader Says “We’re Prepared to Go” in Direction of Federal 340B Contract Pharmacy Legislation (Feb. 1, 2022)
- Effort Launched to Create 340C—a Separate Drug Discount Program for Health Centers and Possibly Other Entities (Oct. 14, 2022)
- BMS Clamps Down on 340B Contract Pharmacy for Most of its Drugs but Expands 340B Access to its Controversial Myeloma Meds Program (Jan. 15, 2022)
- HRSA Sends Merck 340B Contract Pharmacy Cease and Desist Letter, Agency’s First in Seven Months (May 6, 2022)
- U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down Medicare Part B Drug Payment Cuts for 340B Hospitals in 2018 and 2019 (June 15, 2022)
- In Important Ruling, Federal Appeals Court Says Health Center May Challenge 340B Patient Definition’s Legality (July 1, 2022)
- HRSA Picks Federal HIV/AIDS Policy Specialist Emeka Egwim To Be its Next 340B Program Director (Feb. 28, 2022)
- National Association of Community Health Centers Calls On Congress “To Move Urgently” To Tackle 340B Contract Pharmacy Impasse “Before It’s Too Late” (Sept. 28, 2022)
340B Report is excited to be your indispensable source of 340B news and intelligence and we look forward to an even more eventful year in 2023.