The U.S. Supreme Court’s unanimous June 15 ruling that huge cuts in 340B hospitals’ Medicare Part B drug reimbursement were unlawful “is a clear and much welcome victory for 340B hospitals,” 340B Report Publisher and CEO Ted Slafsky says in his latest column for medication management solutions company Omnicell.
Slafsky reached out to a half dozen attorneys who specialize in the 340B program for their thoughts about the court’s decision. He said those conversations yielded five key takeaways:
- 340B hospitals could be getting relief for more than 2018 and 2019
- Supreme Court shares 340B advocates’ long-standing view on 340B’s intent
- Justice Kavanaugh is a friend of DSH hospitals
- Additional implications for contract pharmacy litigation?
- What DSH hospitals can do now
You can read the entire column here.