WHO WE ARE
340B Report is a subscription news service (email newsletter and website) that covers the U.S. Health and Human Services Department’s 340B Drug Pricing Program and related prescription drug pricing policy issues. We launched in 2020, broke many stories, and now dominate the market for news and analysis on this policy battlefield.
WHAT WE NEED
We are growing and need a savvy and hard-working reporter to join our team. We need someone who has a solid understanding of health care policy, enjoys the drug pricing debate, meets deadlines, is flexible, is a team player, and above all can write well and simplify complex topics. Those interested in freelance work are also welcome to apply.
- 2+ years of experience in health care journalism
- Metropolitan Washington, D.C., resident preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel in particular)
- Background in and passion for the fight over why prescription drugs cost so much, and how high drug prices affect health care providers and their patients
- Ability to write clearly about complex topics including federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial drug pricing developments
- Experience and strong comfort in deadline reporting and editing
- Experience and interest in enterprise reporting
- Bonus points: Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, Mailchimp, social media and creating charts and infographics.
Please send a one-page cover letter, resume, two recently published articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also let us know how you heard about the job opening. Position includes generous salary and benefits package. Salary dependent on experience.