Job Opening: Prescription Drug Pricing Policy Reporter
Independent contractor (1099)
WHO WE ARE
340B Report is a subscription news service (email newsletter and website) that covers the U.S. Health and Human Services Department’s 340B Drug Pricing Program and related prescription drug pricing policy issues. We launched in 2020, broke many stories, and now dominate the market for news and analysis on this policy battlefield.
WHAT WE NEED
We are growing and need a savvy, seasoned reporter to join us on an ongoing basis as an independent contractor. We need someone who knows this beat, enjoys this subject, likes beating the competition, who works hard, meets deadlines, is flexible, is a team player, and above all can write well and simplify complex things.
- 5+ years of experience in health care journalism
- Metropolitan Washington, D.C., resident preferred
- Your own, up-to-date personal computer, telephone (voice and text), Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel in particular), broadband internet service
- Background in and passion for the fight over why prescription drugs cost so much in the U.S., and how high drug prices affect health care providers and their patients
- Ability to write clearly about complex topics including federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial drug pricing developments
- Experience and strong comfort in deadline reporting and editing
- Experience and interest in enterprise reporting
- Bonus points: Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, Mailchimp, creating charts and infographics.
DELIVERABLES Please send a one-page cover letter, resume, two recent published articles, and one or more professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org